Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Hymns that Encourage and Minister

Great is thy Faithfulness

1) Great is thy faithfulness, O God my father
There is no shadow of turning with thee
Thou changest not, thy compassions they fail not
As thou hast been thou forever wilt be

Refrain 
And great is thy faithfulness 
Great is thy faithfulness 
Morning by morning new mercies I see 
All I have needed thy hand hath provided 
Great is thy faithfulness Lord unto me

2) Summer and winter, springtime and harvest
Sun, moon, and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To thy great faithfulness, mercy, and love

3) Pardon for sin and peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow
Blessings all mine with ten thousand beside

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_zFPSPGiqE

The Unseen Hand

I

There is an unseen hand to me

That leads through ways I cannot see.

While going through this world of woe

This hand still leads me as I go.

Ii

This hand has led through shadows drear

And while it leads I have no fear.

I know it’ll lead me to that home

Where sin or sorrow never shall come.

Iii

I long to see my savior’s face

And sing the story saved by grace.

And there upon that golden strand

I’ll thank him for his guiding hand.

Chorus

I’m trusting to the unseen hand

That guides me through this weary land.

And some sweet day I’ll reach that strand

Still guided by the unseen hand.

There’s Within My Heart a Melody

This morning, between rain showers, I just wanted to go outside and appreciate the sunshine and all that my Father has given.

As I was enjoying the plants that were growing and the beauty as they are being refreshed by the rain, the chorus to a song that I often sing, in moments such as this, came to mind. The words, “Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Sweetest Name I know, Fills my every longing, Keeps me singing as I go,” started flowing from my heart.

Then the words to the devotional that Pete had recently texted came to my mind from the story of the women by the well and Jesus telling her that He would give living water so that her thirst would be quenched. My next thoughts were that I was still thirsty and wanted to be so full of Him, that the overflow would issue forth out of my belly, as the Word speaks of.

Again I returned to singing and came to the part of the song that talked about the riches of His Grace. My mind replaced the word grace with Strong’s definition and the idea of His Divine presence and influence in my life that changes me; So here we are as my mind was curious about what the Bible had to say about the “feasting on the riches of His Grace”.

I  felt to share all of this and the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4EzDxv1UB8

There’s Within My Heart a Melody song lyrics

There’s Within My Heart a Melody was written and composed by evangelist Luther B. Bridges — amazingly, he wrote this after the death of his wife and daughters in a fire; the Lord spoke to him through the scripture, , “The Lord is my portion saith my soul. They that dwell in the secret place of the most high shall abide in the shadow of the Almighty” and he was encouraged to continue in the Lord’s work.

1. There’s within my heart a melody
    Jesus whispers sweet and low:
    Fear not, I am with thee, peace, be still,
    in all of life’s ebb and flow.

Refrain:
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus,
sweetest name I know,
fills my every longing,
keeps me singing as I go.

1. All my life was wrecked by sin and strife,
    discord filled my heart with pain;
    Jesus swept across the broken strings,
    stirred the slumbering chords again.
    (Refrain)
  2. Though sometimes he leads through waters deep,
    trials fall across the way,
    though sometimes the path seems rough and steep,
    see his footprints all the way.
    (Refrain)
  3. Feasting on the riches of his grace,
    resting neath his sheltering wing,
    always looking on his smiling face,
    that is why I shout and sing.
    (Refrain)
  4. Soon he’s coming back to welcome me
    far beyond the starry sky;
    I shall wing my flight to worlds unknown;
    I shall reign with him on high.
    (Refrain)

http://gospelmusiclyricshomes.com/luther-b-bridges/theres-within-my-heart-a-melody/

What am I really singing about doing? “feasting on the riches of His Grace”? Word Web says of a feast; “Eating an elaborate meal (often accompanied by entertainment)” composed from the abundant wealth of His Divine influence at work in my whole being, heart and mind, which changes my words, my actions, my life and all that they are, including gratitude!

That brings me back to the devotional that Pete texted and the concluding thought; that I have placed here in bold for those that may not have gotten the text;

Thirsty? Here’s the Real Thing.

MAY 25

Jesus answered and said to her, “Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.” John 4:13-14

Have you ever been outside working in your garden or bicycling or playing football and become very thirsty? You go inside and perhaps grab a soda. It tastes great and seems to hit the spot.

You return to your activity; you get thirsty again and go for another soda. It’s satisfying at first, but just doesn’t seem to keep you quenched. Finally, you fill a tall glass with water and you’re satisfied.

Why? If you look at the ingredients on the soda container, it says it’s artificially colored and/or flavored and/or sweetened. It doesn’t have that touch of authenticity.

Many are trying to satisfy their thirst with things that are artificial when what we all need is the water of life! When was the last time you quenched your spiritual thirst with the sparkling refreshment of time spent with God?

Love Worth Finding - May 25

https://www.oneplace.com/ministries/love-worth-finding/read/devotionals/love-worth-finding/

Do I really understand what it means to be “feasting on the riches of His Grace”? Even more important; what influences do I find my mind craving to sit under and fill my life with?

Do I want to change any of the influencing elements in my life?

Am I really in love with Jesus?

Do I want to know Him intimately and be a pure bride for Him?

Do I really want to be…? “feasting on the riches of His Grace”? “Eating an elaborate meal (often accompanied by entertainment)” composed from the abundant wealth of His Divine influence at work in my whole being, heart and mind, which changes my words, my actions, my life and all that they are, including gratitude! With a heart that wants to become just like the one that I love and adore.

I do not want to be like the adulterous woman that looks to find her satisfaction in other men; finding my entertainment in the vain pleasures of this world that my bridegroom frowns on.

You might want to meditate on the words to the song again. Following are some verses that speak about “feasting on the riches of His Divine Influence, His goodness”:

But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved [delivered]😉 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved [delivered] through faith [faithfulness]; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship,(that would be His Divine Influence) created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Ephesians 2:4-10

Therefore I thought it necessary to exhort the brethren, that they would go before unto you, and make up beforehand your bounty, whereof ye had notice before, that the same might be ready, as a matter of bounty, and not as of covetousness. But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work: (As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his righteousness remaineth for ever. Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;) Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God.

2 Corinthians 9:5-11

In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

John 7:37-39