Please or Register to create posts and topics.

My Deliverer

This morning a song started singing in my mind. "I know the Lord will make a way for me. "

There are all kinds of variations, as I recall, as people used to sing what ever words came into their hearts at the time.

Here is what I remember:

I know the Lord will make a way for me.
If I live a holy life,
Shun the wrong and do the right,

I know the Lord has made a way for me.
That I live a holy life,
Shun the wrong and do the right,

I know the Lord has laid His hand on me.
There is healing in His wings,
That is why I shout and sing,

This last verse caused questions regarding "healing in His wings." Is that really Biblical? Below is a link to someone that does Bible studies similar to me for those that would like details to study.

Here is what I found with the help of their study.

This is from NET Bible;

"For indeed the day is coming, burning like a furnace, and all the arrogant evildoers will be chaff. The coming day will burn them up," says the LORD who rules over all. "It will not leave even a root or branch. But for you who respect my name, the sun of vindication will rise with healing wings, and you will skip about like calves released from the stall. You will trample on the wicked, for they will be like ashes under the soles of your feet on the day which I am preparing," says the LORD who rules over all. "Remember the law of my servant Moses, to whom at Horeb I gave rules and regulations for all Israel to obey. Look, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the great and terrible day of the LORD arrives. He will encourage fathers and their children to return to me, so that I will not come and strike the earth with judgment."
Malachi 4:1-6

http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs020/1102605794270/archive/1110294904026.html